Position Title: Youth Services Coordinator
The Youth Services Coordinator has the primary responsibility of engaging young adults (14-22) living with disabilities in exploring post-secondary options and opportunities through the Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) program. The program supports students to identify their career goals, prepare for higher education, and/or search for employment. The Youth Services Coordinator engages with the students in exploring their personal talents and interests and how these qualities can be transferred into future goals. The Youth Services Coordinator is responsible for working with students individually as well as in groups in school classrooms in the Salem area, in the office, or remotely, through online video meeting platforms.
- Work with students to help them assess their personal strengths and interests and develop a plan for goal attainment.
- Help student develop personal advocacy skills
- Creates and implement engaging and challenging curriculum
- Identify community internship opportunities for students
- Coordinates services with other agencies, community resource and DRC staff members.
- Documents work clearly and in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required.
- People living with a disability highly encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and/or relevant independent living experience.
- Bi-lingual skills in languages used by consumers a strong plus.
- Creativity and the ability to initiate and carry out projects.
- Ability to model leadership, set clear, professional boundaries and work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude working with a variety of people and assist with agency collaborations.
- Commitment to independent living philosophy
- Ability to travel throughout DRC service area
This is a full-time (35 hour), benefited position.
Compensation: $40,040 to $43,680, depending upon experience.
DRC offers competitive benefits, 401K with a 3% match, generous PTO, free Short and Long-Term disability insurance, and limited tuition reimbursement.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons with disabilities, women, and persons of color to apply for these positions.